AutoCAD error code 1603 is a generic error generated by the Microsoft Windows Installer. This error is system-related, rather than linked to specific software. The following are common examples of the 1603 error:
- Setup Logs:
- Install <AutodeskProduct> <Version> Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603.
- Dialog box during installation:
- Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation.
- Other Messages:
- Install .NET Framework Runtime 3.0 Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1603.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express(AUTODESKVAULT) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603.
To work around this issue, use the following steps. If one does not help, move to the next:
If using an Install Now installer for your AutoDesk product, try using our Download method to get the complete installation package, and then retry the install.
Remnants and residual files of previous installs
- Perform a deep Clean Uninstall using an uninstaller like free IObit to remove any residual files and folders from previous installations. If the application fails to uninstall try using the Microsoft Fixit tool.
- Attempt to install the software again.